Popular Culture Scholarship
(click on titles to show info):
- Finding the Mileu of the Spider-Man Music LPs .pdf
- From Web-Spinning Heroics: Critical Essays on the History and Meaning of Spider-Man. edited by Robert Moses Peaslee and Robert G. Weiner.
Copyright © 2012 Robert Moses Peaslee and Robert G. Weiner; McFarland & Co.,
PDF's are from my submitted files, composed to match the editors' changes.
The layout and fonts of the published book are matched as closely as possible.
- “Hamlet will return in Thunderball”: Historical Precedents of Riffing .pdf
- From In the Peanut Gallery with Mystery Science Theatre 3000:
Essays on Film, Fandom, Technology and the Culture of Riffing. edited by Robert G. Weiner and Shelley E. Barba.
Copyright © 2011 Robert G. Weiner and Shelley E. Barba; McFarland & Co.,
- “He Strikes Like Thun-n-n-nder-r-r-r-BALL-L-L-L-L-L!” The Place of the James Bond Theme Song .pdf
- From James Bond in World and Popular Culture: The Films are Not Enough
2nd Ed., Rev. Edited by Robert G. Weiner, B. Lynn Whitfield and Jack Becker. Copyright © 2011 Robert G. Weiner, B. Lynn Whitfield, Jack Becker and contributors; Cambridge Scholars Publishing
The PDF is of the Word file I submitted, which will be different than the published version. The Amazon link above does let you “Look Inside the Book” and search my name for a few pages as published.
- “The Invaders and the All-Star Squadron”
and “History of the Marvel Zombies and Colonel America Among the Marvel Zombies”.pdf
- From Captain America and the Struggle of the Superhero: Critical Essays. Edited by Robert G. Weiner. Copyright © 2009 Robert G. Weiner; McFarland & Co., Publishers
- “The Menace of Fans to the Franchise”.pdf
- From Finding the Force of the Star Wars Franchise: Fans, Merchandise, & Critics. Edited by Matthew Wilhelm Kapell & John S. Lawrence. Copyright © 2006 Peter Lang Pub Inc.